During the mortgage conveyancing process, there can be delays due to many reasons. Some of which include:
- Not instructing your solicitor as soon as house is put on the market/an offer is placed.
- Not receiving responses and legal documents from other conveyancers in the chain.
- Not signing or returning required legal documents on time.
- Incorrect information on mortgage application forms.
- Someone in the chain pulling out.
Some of these issues, such as someone in the conveyance chain pulling out, cannot be helped. However, by staying on top of your legal documents and communicating effectively with your solicitor/conveyancer, you can reduce the likelihood of these problems occurring and prolonging the process.